3. October 2012 12:39
In Oct 2013 there will be a team of South African “Braaibassadors” going to the 25th Jack Daniel’s World BBQ Invitational. An annual event in Lynchburg, Tennessee, USA.
“So you think you can braai?”
Boer-B-Que Borries and BraaiBoy are searching for talent!
Come take part in a fun day around the fires and stand a chance to be invited to become a part of this team being the first South African team to take part in this exclusive event. Prizes, sponsored by Weber, are also up for grabs on the day.
Category 1: Meat Pork Ribs; Chicken and Beef Ribs / Steak
- Each team is encouraged to prepare all 3 meat dishes, but may opt to prepare only 1
- Points from a team’s best dish will be taken into consideration for prizes
- Weber will be providing braais for each team
- Teams to provide their own (uncooked) meat and other braai requirements
- Using wood chips to include a smoke element is encouraged
Category 2: Basting/Marinade
- A homemade marinade or basting sauce
- The recipe may include any ingredients, but must contains at least either Jack Daniel’s or Mrs. Ball’s Chutney (or both)
The rest of the day will also see members of the public competing for gold in fun events such as Charcoal Shot Put, Wors & Tong Relays, Braai Fork Javelin, Bottle Tossing and more.
Jackson Dam, Le Maitre street, Alberton
3 November 2012 @ 08h00
Contact Borries on 011-867-0404 or 078-133-8069
I'd love to hear your comments below, or you can always give me a shout on twitter or facebook... otherwise I'll catch you around the braai!